Friday, April 3, 2015

Morning Routine

I have recently started waking up early.  I don't know why.  I love to sleep.  I love to sleep in!  I love to see the sun shining through the window at me when I open my eyes.  I also love to stay up late at night.  So really, it doesn't make sense that I have started waking up early.  I will say that I love it though.  I love that the house is quiet, and I can read or write or do whatever I want.  Without interruptions.

You see, I am a mother of 4 children.  Ann is 12, Lee is 10, Harrison is 8, and Charlie is 2.  I am also a wife.  Karl and I have been happily married for over 17 years now!  Between all that, I don't get a lot of quiet time.  Not that I'm complaining!  I love my family, my life, the crazy fun of it all.  I just also enjoy some quiet solitude on a regular (daily!) basis too.  

Any-who, so this waking up early?  It's working for me.  Here's what a typical morning looks like for me...

6:00  roll out of bed, use the potty (yes, I call it the potty.  I'm a mom!), eat a bowl of cereal while checking facebook and email
6:30  personal prayers, scripture reading
7:00  wake up the kids, exercise, shower
8:00  clean up around the house, etc.

Here's what I love about it, other than the solitude... Getting the most important things done first in my day - spiritual and physical exercise!  It really helps me feel like I can conquer anything for the rest of the day (and do it smiling!), and I don't have to go throughout the rest of the day hoping I can still squeeze those things in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment