Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Water

Throughout my life, I've never been a drinker.  I'm not talking about alcohol - although I've never had that either - but pretty much any drink.  I am an eater.  I love to eat.  But drinking anything at all was one of those things that I did only if I was truly thirsty (which, by the way, means you're already dehydrated).

Until recently.  

I have a read a number of articles about the importance of drinking enough water every day.  There are so many health benefits I never even considered, not the least of which are weight loss, clear skin, and a reduced chance of all sorts of ailments and diseases ranging from the common cold to cancer.  My Dad died three and a half years ago from cancer.  Did this new information catch my attention?  You'd better believe it!

So the last couple of months I have been drinking water like crazy.  There are all sorts of dehydration calculators you can find online, and I've learned that my daily target amount of water is 100 ounces.  Since I've started drinking that much, I really have been feeling better.  I love it!  I do have a hard time enjoying the taste of plain water, however, so I add a small packet of Stevia powder to every 32 ounces.  It sweetens it just enough to take off the bitter edge.  No one else in my family really likes the taste, but that's okay - I do!  And I am the one drinking it!  I buy a box of Stevia packets (300 count) from Costco for around $15.  It is SO worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment